Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Heath for the Hostess!

In case you're searching for a fabulous hostess gift this holiday season, I thought I'd tell you about the lovely one that I just received from our dear friends. This gorgeous handmade vase is from Heath Ceramics, a locally-owned workshop here in the Bay Area. 
Our guests didn't even know, but I've been a long-time fan of the amazing creations from Heath Ceramics! I was so excited when I opened it, I had to display it right away (hence the leaves and branches instead of something more appealing). Just goes to show you that a marvelously shaped object needs little ornamentation.


Every Heath piece is still made in their original factory in Sausalito, California and crafted in the same manner as it has been for the past 55 years.


 

I'm so excited about my new gift, and wanted to share this wonderful resource with you. Link here to view the amazing collection from Heath Ceramics, and find out more about this wonderful company.

Below are a few inspiring images of some of my favorite pieces in the Heath Collection...









beyond dishware, they also make a unique line of house numbers and amazing individual tiles...




One of my favorite Heath collections is the Bottlehood Collection.
As described on their website the collection is... "A marriage of craftsmanship and environmentalism. BottleHood converts empty bottles destined for landfills into functional and unique glassware for your table."






Be sure to visit Heath Ceramics on-line, and stop by their Sausalito showroom if you're ever in the area.


Heath Factory and Showroom
400 Gate Five Road
Sausalito, CA 94965
P 415-332-3732 x13
F 415-332-3204

REGULAR Showroom Hours
Monday-Thursday & Saturday 10-6
Friday 10-7
Sunday 11-6

..also located in the San Francisco Ferry Building.







No comments:

Post a Comment