Friday, November 11, 2011

Christmas comes early for Jaye!

I recently received my beautiful new Kayhan chair from Harvest, and I la-la-love it!




You may not know this, but most of our upholstery can be manufactured with C.O.M. (Customer's Own Material)! Which means I was able to select the exact designer fabric that worked best in my new living room, and send it into our manufacturer so they could apply to one of my favorite chairs! 

For this corner of our living room, I selected a light gray and white pinstripe from Robert Allen, called "Empire Stripe Ash".
(swatch pictured above)

 
I opted for the double welt, rather than the standard nailhead trim. Not that I don't love the nailhead trim, it's just that several other pieces in the room are accented with nailhead, and I didn't want to overdo it. The double welting came out flawless and helps to accentuate the pinstripe pattern positioned on the bias.



The chair turned out better than I ever expected; the details are so well-executed and the shape is superb!  A big thank you to the designers of our Transitions Collection!

More new house pics to come, stay tuned...

PS: I'd also like to give a shout out to the expert S and R Delivery team for getting my new furnishings here safely!
You guys are great!

No comments:

Post a Comment