Friday, May 4, 2012

Antiquing...My recent trips to Petaluma and Soquel

 Lately, I've been on the hunt to find one-of-a-kind items that will add history and character to our new home. On my days off, I've been wandering through antique shops in hopes of finding those very pieces. Some of my favorite spots are in Petaluma (Sonoma wine country), and Soquel (between Santa Cruz and Aptos). Here are some pics from my recent scouting trips...

loved this woven basket, it seems I can never have enough baskets


This cabinet was pulled from an old barn (if you sniffed the inside, you'd believe it too). It has been re-painted in a soft gray/green. Great color! If I had a larger entry, I'd put a mirror in the top portion of the open space and adjust the shelves below to accommodate large storage baskets. I'd install a few hooks on the inside of the cabinet to hold coats. This piece would also work great in a large utility room to house brooms, brushes, and cleaning supplies.

These OLD sea-worn steel posts were incredible. You can't fake patina like that!
These would make such interesting planters.

I liked this old, beveled edge mirror and framed botanicals.

great little farm table for a small kitchen or entry

I was hoping this basket would fit between the legs to achieve a layered look, but, as you can see, not so.

This intricately woven blue and white coverlet was a stunner!
Wish a had a larger bedding budget, because I want to change my bedding about once a month!

What a find! This pair of heavy iron garden gate parts was so cool. These could become such an incredible headboard. Or, you could re-purpose them in your own garden.

Great pair of old window frames. Would be adorable with mirrors inside, like we have at Harvest.
 
Great gray chest

like the two-tone mix with natural stained top

I adored these little accent tables. There was a pair. Wished I had a spot.

Had to have it! I bought this huge "Cocktails" sign, and can't wait to feature it above the bar at our next summer party.

Another amazing work table that would make an incredible bar.

Bought this one too!
I loved this quaint little stool with glass ball feet and re-upholstered linen top. My husband perches on it every day to put on his shoes. It's perfect!

Horrible pic of this great, old trunk (bottom). I ended up getting this one too.
It looks great in my living room. I'll post a pic of the install soon.

I appreciated the collection of old spools and twine in these giant glass jars. What a great merchandising idea!

Bad pic. Cool shabby chic dresser.

Picked up these little pom-pom pillows to add texture to the guest room bedding.

I love cool, old boxes like this.

a pretty, little, hand painted landscape

Another great cabinet. Could be the perfect piece to hide the techy TV.

Well, the search goes on...
What are your favorite places to find antique treasures???

Feel free to contact me if I can provide any more information to you about the items pictured.

No comments:

Post a Comment