Friday, November 26, 2010

Cabin Fever...

I'm heading up to our family cabin for this Thanksgiving holiday. My parents have owned the cabin, which we share with a few other families, for over 30 years. Over the last few decades "the cabin" has become the ditching ground for second rate furnishings and home decor as each cabin owner slowly trades out the old for the new at home. This decorating strategy has created a less-than appealing, "eclectic," (not in a good way), aesthetic.
Each time I visit the cabin, I can't help but imagine what it would be like to transform the interior into the rustic, cozy, "Harvest" look.
My inspiration images are below:

plaid and pine boughs nestled near the fire

vaulted ceilings and vintage leather sofas

wrought iron beds, rock walls, and rustic lighting

layers of quilted comfort, a la Ralph Lauren

For even more cabin design ideas, pick up this fabulous book at Harvest

Sun Valley, Architecture and Interiors

No comments:

Post a Comment